Sunday, April 26, 2009

Onwards and Upwards...

I find this concept to be true, that the more I know and the more I investigate answers to questions regarding our faith and existence, the less I find I really know. Its like going hiking in a wilderness area you've never been to before. You have no idea the size and expanse of the wilderness around you. You've got your trail map, though, and your heading toward the top of the nearest mountain to make camp. Every step takes you further up the mountain and reveals to you so much about the nature and and reality of this wilderness your living in. The trees, the animals, the plants, the terrain, etc... are all revealing themself to you as you walk along. After awhile, though, you hit a rock outcropping and the trees part. You look out over an expanse of trees and valleys and creeks and rivers. You're not even close to the top at this point, but you are far enough along to realize that this wilderness is much bigger, wilder, and more complex than you could have realized before you started. There is still a long way to climb, but the trail map has been exactly accurate so far. So, you continue to trust it and continue to climb.

No comments: