Thursday, February 14, 2008
Just another day at home...
So I got to spend a good chunk of time this morning in the Word and in prayer. It was a good time. I've started a study on what it means to 'Walk in the Spirit'. You hear that term used so many times in the Bible, but I still can't quite get my analytical fingers around it. All I know, really, is what I've gleaned from Romans 8 and 9 as well as Galations 5. These are both amazing passages. Alot of far-reaching fundamental truth in both, but still no definite answers. I know that to walk in the Spirit you must set your mind on what the Spirit desires instead of the flesh. I know if you are in Christ then the Spirit is in you. I know from Galations that the flesh and the Spirit are always at war. I know what the fruit of the Spirit are/is. But how do I walk in the Spirit? Is it simply setting your mind on what the Spirit desires? I'm convinced it has something to do with focusing your mind on the Word. That may be all there is to it and I'm making this way more complicated than it should be, but I can't quite sink my teeth into it just yet. Read Rom. 8 & 9 then Galations 5 and tell me what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment