Monday, February 11, 2008

Spending time with God should not be called a "Quiet Time", that sounds too much like "Nap Time". I don't want to dig too deep on this subject, but it reminds me alot of how Christianity today has 'dumbed down' and 'domesticated' the Holy Bible and the idea of God Himself. Should time spent invested communicating with the King of Kings and studying/meditating on His Word that we may live a righteous and triumphant life be referred to as something as weak as a "Quiet Time". I have a hard enough time setting aside time to spend with my Creator/Savior. I don't think I'm along in this struggle, either. I know how critical it is, too. I am convinced by scripture and the evidence I see in my own life that it is impossible to grow or live victoriously if I am not consistently connected and communing with my Savior. Why does it seem soooo hard sometime. It's not as if I don't have enough time. I do. I just choose to do a variety of other things other then spend time with Him. I need Him to grow and live(John 15)! Why is it so hard? My flesh! Well that's got to be part of it. It seems as if that flesh or sin nature is always there with me trying to keep me from doing what I want and need to do and pushing me towards what I don't want to do(see Romans 7:13-Chapter 8). I want to break free. I want to live in victory and righteousness! Wretched man that I am. Who will rescue me from this body of death!?!

No comments: